The winners of the Proud to Care Awards 2021 have been after hundreds of nominations across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
There were many submissions that spoke of the hard work being done tirelessly by carers across BCP, many of them also being unpaid. This was the perfect opportunity to notice and appreciate the people who have spent their time and skills caring for other who are less fortunate or unable to care for themselves.
These awards have been judged by Councillor Karen Rampton, Portfolio holder for People and Homes, Phil Hornsby, Director of Commissioning for People and Vincent Boni, the Managing Director of Newsquest Dorset.
The 2021 Proud to Care winners are:
- Residential/Nursing Care Home of the Year – Primrose Lodge
- Residential/Nursing Care Home Worker of the year – Paula Arteaga Rodriguez
- Home Care Provider of the Year – Christchurch Care Home
- Care Worker of the Year – Diane Fawdrey
- Learning Disability and/or Autism Support Worker of the Year- Andrew Rhodes
- Mental Health Services Award – Community Front Rooms (BCHA)
- Excellence in Dementia Care – Debbie Muspratt
- Palliative Care Worker of the Year – Kathy Lett
- Family or Friend Carer of the Year – Brooke Crotty
- Voluntary or Community Award – Wessex Cancer Trust
- New Care Worker of the Year – Lucy Jenkins
- Long Service Award – Volga Lyons
- Special Recognition Award – Community Action Network
Main image from Pixabay.com