The pub, formally known as the Manor, is to open its doors again in March. It’s new name ‘The Bear of Burton’ comes in form of a tribute to Robert Southey, the author of Goldilocks and the three bears. Southey lived in Burton between 1799 and 1805.
Fuller’s is undertaking a complete refurbishment of the building to transform it into a wonderful pub with 10 beautiful bedrooms and delicious, fresh-cooked food at its heart. The food will be fresh, locally sourced and served by a team of professional chefs. Food will be available at breakfast, lunch and for afternoon tea. A signature dish recommended by the chef will be available on a daily basis and other standards, like a Sunday roast, will also be available.
The ten rooms mentioned above will be furnished with all the essentials including a flat screen TV with free wi-fi, en suite bathroom, 1600 pocket sprung mattresses, Roberts radios and tea and coffee stations. As well as appreciating the beautiful interior, guests entering through the rear will be welcomed with large terrace that is perfect for outside dining. There is also free parking and wi-fi for all customers. Wheelchair access is also available if needed.
The Bear of the Burton is set to open in March 2020. For further details, including potential booking enquiries please visit here.