It can be confusing knowing what can and can’t be recycled – especially over Christmas, with all the extra packaging, cards, and wrapping paper.
Here are some handy tips for Christmas recycling:
- Make sure you clean food from all packaging before recycling.
- Recycle foil mince pie cases by scrunching the foil into a ball. This makes it easier to recycle!
- You can recycle sweet and biscuit tins and tubs.
- Flatten all cardboard packaging before recycling.
- Glitter, ribbons and wrapping paper that does not remain scrunched can’t be recycled. If wrapping paper doesn’t have glitter on it, you can check whether it’s recyclable by doing the scrunch test (see video below).
- Christmas cards that are paper-based can be recycled, but be sure to remove an embellishments and glitter sections first.
Don’t miss your waste collection days
Remember, collection days over the festive period may change. Make sure you don’t miss yours, by checking out the new schedule here.