The Southampton Boat Show returns in September to include one of Europe’s biggest purpose-built marinas. Now in its 48th year, the event will showcase the very best that the international marine industry has to offer with thousands of boats, brands and equipment on display, featuring the very latest world launches from powerboats to sail.
The world launch of the Oyster 675, the Greenline 36, the Spirit 47 CR, the Cormate Utility 23 R and the X4 and X6 from X-Yachts have all been confirmed, as well as UK debuts of the Azimut Atlantis 43, Azimut 55S, Elling E6 from Q Marine (Poole), J/11S from Key Yachting, the Dehler 34, Fairline Yachts’ Targa 53 OPEN and its Squadron 65 HardTop and Charles Watson’s RM 1270. New brands already confirmed for this year’s Show include Cormate and Waterspoor.
Furthermore, following unprecedented demand from exhibitors for undercover space, a new Show layout will also be revealed for 2016. Ocean Hall and Windward Hall will be merged with an additional 550 square meters of space added to create a new look Ocean Hall for this year.
Enhancements to the layout will also see Beneteau and Jeanneau move from their historical space on the land to a much bigger display on the Marina. In total, Beneteau will be bringing 19 boats and Jeanneau 22 boats across their sail and power ranges. Also exhibiting for the first time will be Monte Carlo Yachts who will be showcasing the MCY 65.
There will also be plenty of opportunities for visitors to get out on the water for free and experience dinghy sailing, power boating or taking a ride on a RIB. The whole family will be able to get active and explore the world of boating and watersports. These free attractions include:
- On the Water’s “Get Afloat”, supported by the team at Rockley: a tailor made attraction offering visitors aged 8-16 year the chance to discover dinghy sailing and Stand up Paddleboarding (SUP);
- “Try-a-Boat” sessions from On the Water to allow visitors to experience being out on the water on a varied selection of vessels;
- “Wet Wheels”, a 9m Cheetah Catamaran that has been specially adapted for wheelchair access. Powered by two of Suzuki’s flagship V6 300hp outboard engines it is capable of driving at 40 knots;
- The magnificent Artemis tall ship will be taking centre stage on the Marina, with visitors being able to climb aboard.
Other attractions will include:
- Bumper Boats in the Arena for the younger visitors;
- A number of spectacular air display’s over the Marina;
- A Festival Stage in Solent Park with live music, talks from industry experts and fashion shows across the 10-day event;
- The Global Challenge Sailing Experience on a 72ft Round the World Ocean Race Yacht
- The VIP Platinum Experience which includes a trip out on a luxury motor yacht.
Murray Ellis, British Marine Boat Shows’ Managing Director, said:
We are thrilled this year to announce the presence from both Beneteau and Jeanneau at the 2016 Southampton Boat Show together with fantastic new launches and a debut presence from a host of global brands. We are always looking for ways to improve the Show each year for both visitors and exhibitors alike, and I have no doubt that the boats on show coupled with the new layout and enhanced visitor experience will once again position the Show as Europe’s biggest boating festival.”
For your chance to win tickets to this year’s Southampton Boat Show please fill in your details here:
*terms and conditions – only one entry per person is allowed. By entering this competition you agree your details will be shared with Life Begins Magazine and Southampton Boat Show for the purposes of informing you of other competitions and promotions, No personal details will be shared with any other third parties. The prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash, the editors decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For more information about the Show, the experience packages and to buy your advance tickets, visit:www.southamptonboatshow.com