BCP Council have made the difficult decision to suspend some waste collection services as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
They are continually monitoring the availability and safety of their workforce and will prioritise and make changes where needed.
The following services have changed or been suspended:
- Household waste recycling centres – Millhams in Bournemouth, Wilverly Road in Christchurch and Nuffield in Poole are all closed. If you are home and creating more waste than usual, including bulky waste items, garden waste and DIY waste, please ensure you store this waste safely on your property until restrictions on non-essential travel are lifted and HRC sites are able to re-open. Don’t put electrical items and hazardous items such as asbestos in your bin – please save until the sites have re-opened.
- Commercial Weighbridges – Nuffield and Millhams are closed.
- Bulky household waste collection service – has now stopped in Bournemouth and Poole.
- Recycling banks – All recycling banks across Bournemouth and Poole are closed. If textile banks are full, please do not leave items next to them.
- New to You – the Poole-based reclaimed items shop is closed.
- Litter/dog waste bins – will be emptied but on a reduced frequency basis.
- Skip hire – no booking are currently being taken.
As of 1 April 2020 BCP Council will take over waste and recycling services in Christchurch, so this information will be relevant to those residents from then as well.
People with Coronavirus symptoms are advised to take extra precautions with their waste to help protect others, and people with garden waste are urged to compost instead of having a bonfire.
For more information and tips, please BCP Council’s full statement here.