Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is offering fully funded training programmes to help upskill employees in Dorset businesses.
SSW provide recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses for employees in small and medium-sized businesses in Dorset.
This programme aims to enhance your employee’s skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
They are co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund.
What do SSW offer?
- A training needs analysis for your business, identifying the skills needed to support your business ambitions.
- A flexible training approach.
- On-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning.
- Learning pathways to enable employees to progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
- Recognised accredited qualifications and training courses.
Benefits for you as the employer:
- Efficient business with improved profitability.
- A highly skilled workforce delivering quality outputs and performance.
- Employee satisfaction and motivation, reducing staff turnover.
- Wide appeal to new recruits.
- Competitive advantage in your marketplace.
The SSW programme is in partnership with Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) who have identified key sectors for skills support in the area.
To see these key sectors, click here.
SSW have set out eligibility criteria that apply to any business accessing this support:
- The learner must be employed by the organisation (or self-employed).
- They must be eligible to work in the UK.
- They must be aged 16 and over.
- Training must be delivered within the LEP region and by one of the contracted SSW Training Providers
For more Business news in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, click here.