Candidate for Mudeford, Stanpit and West Highcliffe Ward
I am standing in the BCP election because I love Christchurch and in particular the ward that I have been a Councillor for eight years and where I live.
As a community midwife in Christchurch for many years I have met and understood the issues that affect Christchurch residents from all walks of life. I brought my three children up in Christchurch and have lived her for nearly 40 years.
I am passionate about protecting the unique environment and heritage of Christchurch in the new BCP council structure.
As a local Councillor I am proud to have:
- Worked with residents to spearhead the council process to fund and rebuild Highcliffe Castle Zig-Zag path that was going to be closed and removed
- Reduced the housing waiting list from thousands to hundreds, providing more appropriate support for local people through signposting them to affordable housing options
- Instigated the Christchurch Coastal Strategy, working with a blank sheet of paper to create a document that was resident led to ensure our coastline remains the special place we all love
- Worked with the Chamber of Trade to achieve £1 for two hours parking in Christchurch town
- Created the growth strategy to support growth in local business, to provide skilled employment for local people
- Commenced ‘fields in trust status’ to protect Steamer Point Open Space from risk of development
There is still lots to do and some of my priorities are to:
- Reduce traffic congestion and air pollution around Christchurch and ensure there is the infrastructure to support any additional homes
- Improve the management of parking on the streets around our coastline and beaches
- Protect our local tip and increase recycling in Christchurch.
- Maintain and improve bin collection in Christchurch.
- Protect and improve our open spaces and green belt from inappropriate development
I always respond quickly to local residents concerns and work with them as their local representative on the council.
Thanks for reading this, I hope you will support me with your vote to continue to do the best for the residents of Mudeford, Stanpit and West Highcliffe,