The recommended appointments for Tier 2 Directors of the new BCP Council have been announced.
The Senior Appointments Committee has put forward recommendations for Director roles, following an internal recruitment process.
The recommendations are as follows:
- Director of Adult Social Care: Jan Thurgood. Jan is currently the Strategic Director of People Theme at Borough of Poole.
- Director of Environment and Community: Kate Ryan. Kate is currently the Strategic Director of Place Theme at Borough of Poole.
- Director of Regeneration and Economy: Bill Cotton. Bill is currently Executive Director of Environment and Economy at Bournemouth Borough Council.
- Director of Resources: Julian Osgathorpe. Julian is currently seconded as Director of the BCP Programme, but his substantive post is the Executive Director of Corporate Services across Bournemouth Borough Council and the Borough of Poole.
The recommendations will be taken to the BCP Shadow Authority on 19 December.
- The role of Director of Children’s Services is currently being advertised externally. A recommendation will be taken to the Shadow Authority in February 2019.
Cllr Janet Walton (pictured right), Chairman of the Senior Appointments Committee, said:
“The Committee is delighted to make these recommendations for the Director roles of the new council. We are confident that the recommended candidates will work well with members and the Chief Executive designate, to create a strong senior management team as we move through this exciting programme of change and transformation.”
To learn more, visit the BCP Shadow Authority website. The new BCP Council will come into being from 1 April 2019.