On Sunday 1st July, an accident in the theatre at Lighthouse, Poole caused damage to the sprinkler system, resulting in extensive water damage to the theatre, dressing rooms and technical equipment. Staff quickly shut down the electrical system and called the fire brigade.
While an assessment of the full extent of the damage is underway, it’s unclear which events taking place in the theatre throughout July will be going ahead. Sara St George, Deputy CEO says:
“The safety of our staff and customers is paramount, so we have taken the precaution to shut the building to review the extent of the damage and fully test all our systems so that the building can open on Tuesday 3rd July. The incident was contained within the theatre, which will remain closed for the immediate future. All other spaces will be fully operational.”
The theatre asks that customers do not contact them directly. The ticket office will be in touch with customers to let them know whether events due to take place in the theatre will be moved to another space, or postponed.